Presenting and collecting waste in and around the city centre is arranged differently to elsewhere in the city.
Waste collection in the city centre
- In the city centre, if you have a waste disposal pass, you can present your waste for collection by the refuse truck, or take it to the underground residual waste container.
- The truck does its rounds at set times.
- There are also 3 locations where the refuse truck will stop at set times.
- Your waste disposal pass allows you to take your residual waste, old paper, plastic packaging materials and drink cartons for collection to the bicycle storage area on Nieuwstraat and Oude Vest.
Waste collection around the city centre
- If you live in the city centre, you will not receive wheelie bins.
- You take your waste to the collection containers in your area.
- You will receive a waste disposal pass allowing you to use the underground residual waste container. This pass does not allow you to present your waste for collection by the refuse trucks.
- If you have a garden, you can request a wheelie bin for vegetable, fruit and garden waste (VFG), with a volume of 140 or 240 litres.