Waste collection in and around the city centre

Presenting and collecting waste in and around the city centre is arranged differently to elsewhere in the city.

Waste collection in the city centre

  • In the city centre, if you have a BAB pass (Inner City Waste Management Pass) you can present your waste for collection by the refuse truck.
  • The truck does its rounds at set times.
  • There are also 3 locations where the refuse truck will stop at set times.
  • Your BAB pass allows you to take your residual waste, old paper, plastic packaging materials and drink cartons for collection to the bicycle storage area on Nieuwstraat and Oude Vest.

Waste collection around the city centre

  • If you live in the city centre, you will not receive wheelie bins.
  • You take your waste to the collection containers in your area.
  • You will receive a waste disposal pass allowing you to use the underground residual waste container. This pass does not allow you to present your waste for collection by the refuse trucks.
  • If you have a garden, you can request a wheelie bin for vegetable, fruit and garden waste (VFG), with a volume of 140 or 240 litres.
Wat vindt u van onze website?