On this page
What you need to know
Applying for a passport for adults
- Make an appointment for your visit to the town hall.
- Take this with you on your appointment:
a. all passports and ID cards you have, expired or otherwise.
b. a passport photo that meets the requirements.
c. your PIN card: you can only pay by PIN.
- Your passport will be ready after 5 working days. You can collect it in person or arrange for it to be delivered to your home address.
Applying for a passport for children
- Both parents or guardians must give their permission in order to apply for a passport for children up to the age of 17.
- Print the consent form for passport and ID card for minors. pdf Toestemmingsformulier paspoort en identiteitskaart minderjarige (PDF, 499.16 KB)
- Complete the consent form.
- Both parents or guardians must sign the consent form.
- Children up to the age of 17 must attend personally when applying for and collecting the passport.
- Make an appointment for a visit to the town hall with your child or children.
- Take this with you to your appointment:
a. all passports and ID cards you have of your child or children, expired or otherwise.
b. a valid passport, ID card or driving licence of both parents or guardians. You may also bring copies.
c. (a) passport photo(s) of your child or children that meet(s) the requirements.
d. your PIN card: you can only pay by PIN.
e. the appointment reference number assigned to you when making the appointment.
- The passport(s) of your child or children is/are ready after 5 working days.
Costs and delivery
|Type of passport||Amount||Validity|
|Passport 18-year-old and up||€ 73.20||10 years|
|Passport up to the age of 17||€ 55.35||
|Expedited application||Additional charge of € 49.85|
Home delivery for 1 passport costs € 3.50. If several passports are to be delivered to the same address, costs are a maximum of € 7.
Delivery is possible at practically every address in the Netherlands. Everyone, including children, must take delivery of his or her passport in person.
Expedited applications and business passports
If you need your passport urgently, you can submit an expedited application. If you request the passport before 2pm, it will be ready from 9.30am the next working day.
If you travel a lot, you can apply for a business passport with additional pages for visa stamps.