On this page
Completing the questionnaire
- First prepare your personal checklist on the website Nederland wereldwijd (Dutch).
- Completing the checklist gives you the list of documents that you will need.
- These documents have to be added to the questionnaire that you fill in next. Therefore, please make sure that you have scanned all the necessary documents before you start filling in the questionnaire.
- For a passport for children aged up to 18 and for an ID card for children up to 12 you also need to fill in the consent form. The form must be signed by both parents or by the person who has custody of the child. Enclose copies of a valid passport or ID card of the signatories:
The form is in Dutch. If you need assistance please call 14 076.
Important to know
- For every person that applies for a passport or ID card you must fill in a separate questionnaire.
- The municipality might send you an e-mail asking you for additional documents
- You must personally attend the application, as do any children.
Citizen Service Number
Under certain conditions, you can apply for a citizen service number at the same time. Please use the option available in the questionnaire.
Bring the following when applying
Costs and validity
|Type of passport/ID card||Amount||Validity|
|Passport 18-year-old and up||€ 110,40||10 years|
|Passport up to the age of 17||€ 92,55||5 years|
|ID card 18-year-old and up||€ 98,60||10 years|
|ID card up to the age of 17||€ 71||5 years|
Collection or Delivery Service
You can collect the requested document after 3 working days.
We offer a delivery service throughout the Netherlands and in Flanders in the following postcode areas: 1000 to 1299, 1500 to 3999 and 8000 to 9999. Everyone, including children, must take delivery of the document in person.
Charges for 1 document: € 25. Every additional document at the same address: € 6.
Passport or ID card for people without a permanent place of residence or place to stay
Are you a Dutch national without a permanent place of residence or place to stay? In this case you can apply for a passport or ID card with the questionnaire that you find on this webpage. You must proof that you have been in the Netherlands since you unsubscribed from the ‘Basisregistratie personen’ until the moment of your application. You must be able to show evidence such as statements of benefit agencies, an employer statement, salary slips, insurance documents, a housing permit and bank statements.