On this page
What you need to do
- Go to www.digid.nl and choose Aanvragen (Request).
- Remember your username and password.
- Once you have completed the request, you will receive a service desk code by email or text message.
- Activate the service desk code within 30 days. Do this in person at the service desk in the Municipal Office; arrange an appointment beforehand.
- After the appointment, you will be able to activate your DigiD at www.digid.nl using:
- the activation code that you receive at the service desk
- your username
- your password
What you need to know
To apply for a DigiD, you must:
- Live abroad.
- Have Dutch nationality or the nationality of another EEA country (Dutch).
- Have a valid passport or identity card of an EEA Country.
- Have a citizen service number (BSN).
- Be registered in the Non-Residents Records Database (RNI).
- Have a mobile phone on which you can receive text messages.
- Have an email address.
If you receive an error message when you make the request at digid.nl, your details may be registered incorrectly in the RNI. You must first change your details in the RNI. Please contact the Municipality.
Take the following to the service desk
- the service desk code (after your request on digid.nl you will receive this by text message or email)
- a valid passport or identity card (of which you entered the document number in your application).
- your citizen service number (BSN)
You can immediately activate your DigiD at the Municipal Office. Take your username and password with you.