Registration in the Register of Non-Residents

Are you staying in the Netherlands for less than 4 months? If you live abroad and you need a citizen service number (BSN) for dealing with the Dutch government, you can register as a non-resident. For this, you need to make an appointment. In the Netherlands, a citizen service number is also referred to as a BSN number. Your personal details are recorded in the Register of Non-Residents (RNI).

Students moving to Breda need to follow the steps in Moving to Breda from abroad, initial settlement.

If you want to make an appointment to register 2 persons, please choose in the appointment form 'RNI: 2 persons' in the dropdownlist.

In order to register 3 persons or more, please send an e-mail to stating the following information:

  • your name
  • your e-mail address
  • your telephone number
  • the desired appointment date and time
  • the number of persons

You will need the following

  • the confirmation email with QR code (you need the QR code to register at the check-in terminal)
  • valid proof of ID

If you need to register your child (younger than the age of 16) as well, also bring:

  • an official document of the child stating you as the parent (e.g. the international birth certificate or an extract from the custody register)
  • valid proof of ID of the parent attending the registration

All the persons you wish to register need to attend in person, including children.

Do you make the appointment for someone else, then please hand to that person:

  • the confirmation email
  • name and date of birth you entered when making the appointment

If you don’t speak Dutch, English or German, please bring someone who can translate for you.

What you need to know

Proof of registration with BSN

Upon registration, you will receive proof of your registration together with your BSN number.

Changing your details in the Register of Non-Residents (RNI)

Do you want to change your address abroad? Or do you receive an error message when applying for a DigiD, because your details are incorrect? If so, submit the changes to the Register of Non-Residents (RNI).

The central government provides further information on the Register of Non-Residents.

Uw Reactie
Uw Reactie