Do you live in the Netherlands, do not have Dutch nationality and have a type III or type IV residence permit? If so, you need a refugee passport if you want to travel abroad. For this, you need to make an appointment with the municipality. The refugee passport will be ready for you after 5 working days.
What you need to know
The refugee passport is subject to a number of conditions:
- you must have been recognised as a refugee by the United Nations
- you hold a Dutch asylum residence permit for a definite or indefinite period of time
- you are registered in Breda
If you do not meet all the conditions, you may be able to apply for an aliens passport instead.
You will need to bring the following when applying
- your asylum residence permit for a definite or indefinite period of time
- a passport photo that meets the requirements
- if you are younger than18, you must bring the consent form, signed by the parent(s) or guardian(s) and (copies of) their proofs of ID: pdf Toestemmingsformulier paspoort en identiteitskaart minderjarige (PDF, 495.26 KB)
- if your aliens passport has been lost or stolen, you need to bring alternative proof of ID
- proofs of ID and passports, expired or otherwise
- PIN card
Costs and validity
|Type of passport||Amount||Validity|
|Refugee passport||€ 55.35||term of the residence permit, subject to a maximum of 5 years|
|Expedited application||Additional charge of € 49.85|
If you request the refugee passport before 2pm, it will be ready from 9am the next working day.