Moving to Breda from abroad, initial settlement

If you are moving to Breda from abroad for the first time or if you will be residing in the Netherlands for a minimum of 4 of the next 6 months, you must register with the Municipality of Breda in person within 5 days of your arrival. If your partner and/or children need to be registered also, they need to come with you. For this, you need to make an appointment.

What you need to know

  • In order to register in Breda, you need original documents from your home country, in relation to yourself and your children. Examples include the birth certificate, marriage certificate or divorce certificate.
  • Documents drawn up in a language other than English, German, or French must be translated to Dutch by a sworn interpreter/translator.
  • Depending on the country of issue, the documents must meet the authentication regulations.
  • The documents may not be older than 3 years.

You will need the following

  • a valid travel document of every person that needs to be registered
  • proof of de-registration if travelling from Aruba, Curacao, St. Maarten, Bonaire, Saba, Sint Eustatius
  • the rental or purchase contract of your home or written approval from the main resident whom you will be living with

Non-EU citizen

If you are not an EU-citizen, you must first report to the Immigration and Naturalisation Service (IND) in order to obtain a residence permit. For more information about a residence permit, please visit the website of the IND (Dutch).

Uw Reactie
Uw Reactie