Moving to Breda from abroad, resettlement

If you are moving to Breda from abroad, or if you will be residing in the Netherlands for a minimum of 4 of the next 6 months and this is not the first time you have come to the Netherlands, you must register with the Municipality of Breda in person within 5 days of your arrival. If your partner and/or children need to be registered also, they need to come with you. For this, you need to make an appointment.

What you need to know

  • In order to register in Breda, you need original documents from your home country, in relation to yourself and your children. Examples include the birth certificate, marriage certificate or divorce certificate. In the event of resettlement, you do not need to bring these documents, if they were logged in the Netherlands on a previous occasion.
  • Documents drawn up in a language other than English, German, French or Spanish must be translated to Dutch by a sworn interpreter/translator.
  • Depending on the country of issue, the documents must meet the authentication regulations.
  • The documents may not be older than 3 years.

You will need the following

  • a valid travel document of every person that needs to be registered
  • proof of de-registration if travelling from Aruba, Curacao, St. Maarten, Bonaire, Saba, Sint Eustatius
  • a rental or purchase contract of your home or approval from the main resident whom you will be living with
Uw Reactie
Uw Reactie