If you move abroad for a prolonged period of time, or if you emigrate, you need to notify the municipality. A prolonged period of time equates to at least 8 months of the year. You can report this a maximum of 1 month before you move abroad.
Who can notify the municipality of a change of address?
- Anyone aged 16 years or older moving house
- Spouses or registered partners and children of full age for each other, if they move together from the same address to another country
- Parent, guardian or carer of minors moving abroad with them
- One of the parents if the entire family moves from the same address to another country
- A person of full age who is authorised in writing by the person moving