What you need to know
Go to MijnOverheid.nl to see which personal data are held on record of you and your underage children.
Only the municipality you reside in can correct your personal data.
In order to change the use of your surname following marriage or divorce, you need to follow the procedure.
If you do not want the municipality to share your personal data with other parties, you can contact the municipality.
How does it work
- Send a letter to:
4800 RH Breda
- In the letter, explain which data are incorrect and correct them.
- Enclose the following with the letter:
- a copy of (documentary) evidence showing that your personal data in the BRP are incorrect
- a copy of the evidence showing the correct data, e.g. birth certificate
- a copy of your proof of ID
- The municipality will notify you once your data have been corrected.
Having data in the BRP corrected or removed is free of charge.